The Pegasus MS842W Portable Aggregate Screener features three onboard conveyors and is ideally suited for small to medium sized contractors and aggregate producers. This is a medium to high output screener of 150-200 tph. It’s high output 8- x 4-ft. four-bearing, double-deck, positive-action screen, large capacity hopper and hydraulically folding 600-mm wide belts, ensure more tons per hour and consequently lower cost products, according to the company.
The Pegasus MS842W was once a Metso product – the SW348, manufactured in Northern Ireland. Metso moved its manufacturing to Finland, at the same time deciding to discontinue the SW348. As part of its redundancy agreement with Metso, Irish Manufacturing Services (IMS) was formed and struck a deal to continue making the SW348, renaming it Pegasus MS842W. This is an identical machine to those that have been sold in North America for 15 years and made by the same craftsmen.
The Pegasus MS842W Portable Aggregate Screener grid, hopper and feeder includes:
- Grid length 1.8 m (5 ft., 10 in.) and grid width 2.9 m (9 ft., 10 in.); nominal spacing of 127 mm (5 in.). Large grid area and large spacing means quicker feed of material into hopper and faster cycle times.
- Grid bars made from high strength EN8 steel. Longer life and less easily damaged than mild steel.
- Grid bars fixed at high end and loose at discharge end. Lodged stones will fall free when grid is tipped.
- Hydraulic tipping grid with remote control option. One touch operation for clearing debris from grid.
- Hopper loading width 3.8 m (12 ft., 7 in.) and height 3.4 m (11 ft., 2 in.); hopper capacity 5.2 cu. m (6.8 cu. yd.). Additional width and hopper capacity suitable for large loading shovels. Small loading ramp needed only.
- 750-mm (30-in.) wide feeder belt with optional variable speed. Precise control of material for efficient screening.
- Feeder drive drum (diamond lagged) has chain and sprocket drive via high-torque hydraulic motor. The feeder can start from stop with hopper full of material. Lagged drum prevents slippage.
Crown Eagle, www.crown-eagle.ca