The NORD Screw Conveyor Package offers a compact and cost-effective alternative to traditional screw conveyor drives. Closely stepped speed reduction ratios combined with a directly coupled gearmotor or NEMA C-face input design eliminates the need for top motor mounts, pulleys, belts or guards.
Minimizing parts and eliminating the belted input systems provides for easier system maintenance, increased reliability, and superior drive performance. NORD screw conveyor drive options feature a Unicase reducer housing, Quadrilip reducer shaft sealing and optional high capacity output bearings with CEMA standard flange mounting and CEMA drive shafts ranging from 1-1/2 in. to 3-7/16 in.
The Screw Conveyor Package (SCP) design is available for both Clincher Parallel Shaft gear units and Helical-Bevel Right Angle gear units. The CEMA flange assembly offers superior protection against unwanted debris with its dual Viton gap seals (0.03-in. gap) on either side of the grease filled felt packing seal.
Drive shaft material evacuation ports in the flange help protect the drive system from debris. A slight lead taper on the reducer shaft provides for easy mounting and removal, allowing for some screw pipe misalignment and reduced bearing loads.
Clincher SCP Unit
- Torque Capacity: Up to 53,100 lb.-in.
- Power Range: 0.16 hp – 60 hp.
- Ratio Range: 4.32:1 – 1,585.08:1.
- Output Speed: 1.0 rpm – 405 rpm.
- Efficiency: Up to 97 percent efficient.
Helical-Bevel SCP Unit
- Torque Capacity: Up to 42,480 lb.-in.
- Power Range: 0.16 hp – 30 hp.
- Ratio Range: 8.09:1 – 4,246.38:1.
- Output Speed: 0.41 rpm – 216 rpm.
- Efficiency: Up to 95 percent efficient.
NORD Gear, www.nord.com