The Uniroyal brand announced the launch of six commercial truck tires in the U.S. market. The new line provides an affordable offer for every tire position and application – from long-haul to regional to on-/off- road, including dry van, flat bed, construction, and pick-up and delivery vocations. Two of the tires, Uniroyal RS20 and LS24, are SmartWay verified and meet the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements for outstanding fuel efficiency.
“We are pleased to bring the Uniroyal brand, which has been in the U.S. passenger and light truck market for more than 120 years, to the U.S. commercial truck market,” said Donna Murphy, business segment manager for Uniroyal Commercial Truck Tires. “Uniroyal truck tires provide affordable, reliable solutions for commercial truck operators.”
DuraShield construction, at the heart of every Uniroyal tire, provides a unique combination of features for durability, dependability and retreadability. Three strategic features –including pyramidal steel belts, insulating belt edge strips and a heavy gauge inner liner – work together to reduce stress, promote endurance and protect the tire’s casing. Uniroyal commercial truck tires are backed by a four-year manufacturer’s limited warranty. Certain tires used in long haul and regional applications are also covered by a one-retread limited warranty.
The new Uniroyal line consists of six tread designs with 28 sizes:
- Uniroyal LS24: SmartWay-verified long-haul all-position tire optimized for the steer axle.
- Uniroyal LT40: Long haul and regional trailer tire.
- Uniroyal RS20: SmartWay-verified regional all-position tire optimized for the steer axle.
- Uniroyal RD30: Regional and long-haul drive tire.
- Uniroyal HS50: On-/off-road all-position tire optimized for the steer axle.
- Uniroyal HD60: On-/off-road drive tire.