The 184-hp Doosan DX255LC-5 crawler excavator has been added to its Tier 4-compliant lineup, featuring improved performance, operator-focused comfort, fuel economy and jobsite durability. The model replaces the interim Tier 4 (iT4) DX255LC-3.
A new selectable feature, Smart Power Control (SPC), consists of two systems – Variable Speed Control and Pump Torque Control – that work together to improve machine efficiency while maintaining productivity and reducing fuel consumption. The engine control unit (ECU) automatically manages SPC when it’s engaged. Each of the four power modes will function with SPC engaged or disengaged; however, SPC can be active only in digging work mode.
Variable Speed Control: Reduces engine rpm during low workload requirements such as during the swing portion of a dig cycle. This reduces the total energy required to perform a task and improves fuel efficiency by up to 3-7 percent.
Pump Torque Control: Efficiently matches hydraulic pump torque and engine response to the task, preventing engine overload and excess fuel consumption, improving efficiency.
To help save valuable diesel fuel, Doosan added auto-shutdown to its excavators to help owners save fuel during non-working conditions. Operators can configure the idle time from three to 60 minutes. When enabled, the feature will shut down the excavator’s engine when the preset idle time is met. This is particularly helpful in California where state regulations require idling for only five minutes for off-highway machines.
New Machine Updates
- In addition to auto-shutdown and LCD screen updates, the new Doosan DX255LC-5 crawler excavator has the following updates:
- Improved anti-skid plates for easier engine access for maintenance.
- Auto belt tensioner, fan and air conditioning simplifies maintenance.
- Emergency engine stop is relocated for easier operator access.
- Improved serviceability allows for easier access to components and less time for maintenance.
- Upgraded alternator delivers improved power for electrical components.
- New front window design provides good visibility to the work area.
Doosan Infracore Co. Ltd., www.doosanequipment.com