Chicago Pneumatic Breakers for Quarry Duty
- Published: Wednesday, 16 April 2014 16:52
Chicago Pneumatic offers five new heavy breakers to the RX range – RX 26, RX 30, RX 38, RX 46 and RX 54. The new range feature a service weight from 4,000- to 9,300-lb. fitting carriers with weights ranging from 20 to 70 metric tons, making the breakers ideal for heavy demolition, rock excavation and quarry applications. All five models feature the same new features and improvements.
The main new feature is the PowerControl Plus valve, which enables the operator to adjust the operation mode of the breaker to the application. It’s combined stroke length and start-up mode switching valve that the operator can change in the field without opening the hydraulic circuit. The PowerStop Plus mode will switch the breaker to high impact energy with normal impact rate while the EasyPower Plus mode sets the breaker to high impact rate with normal impact energy.
Additional improvements to the new line-up include a reinforced breaker box design with rock claws.
The Power Boost feature, common across the RX lineup is designed to achieve greater breaking performance in tough applications without requiring additional hydraulic input. The enhanced percussive performance is achieved by reusing the recoil energy. As with all breakers in the RX series, the new lineup feature the energy efficient gas/oil hybrid technology and an internal control valve for increased efficiency.
The RX line also feature advanced noise and vibration damping technology. With the RX recoil absorbing system and insulated breaker boxes, the RX series of breakers are some of the quietest breakers on the market.
Optional equipment available for the RX heavy range including CP-Lube, an automatic breaker mounted lubrication system for extended life of the bushing and working tool.
- RX 26 – Featuring a service weight of 4,000 lb. and an impact rate of up to 400-680 blows per minute (bpm), the RX 26 is specified for carriers in weight class 20-33 metric tons.
- RX 30 – Featuring a service weight of 4,800 lb. and an impact rate of up to 375-600 bpm, the RX 30 is specified for carriers in weight class 25-40 metric tons.
- RX 38 – Featuring a service weight of 5,700 lb. and an impact rate of up to 380-590 bpm, the RX 38 is specified for carriers in weight class 29-46 metric tons.
- RX 46 – Featuring a service weight of 6,600 lb. and an impact rate of up to 380-580 bpm, the RX 46 is specified for carriers in weight class 35-55 metric tons.
- RX 54 – The company’s largest breaker to date features a service weight of 9,300 lb. and an impact rate of up to 380-570 bpm, the RX 54 is specified for carriers in weight class 45-70 metric tons.
Chicago Pneumatic, www.cp.com