Bridgestone Commercial Solutions now offers a total tire solution that can save money and helps the planet as well. Five new tires in the Bridgestone Ecopia line for steer, drive and trailer positions; and four new tread designs in the Bandag FuelTech line that complement the drive and trailer Ecopia line-up, provide drivers and fleets a fuel-efficient and eco-friendly option from new tire through retread.
The advanced compounding for lower rolling resistance, the innovative, tread designs for long, even wear and the additional technology benefits from the Ecopia tire and casing solution could save up to 5 percent in fuel costs, when compared to leading competitors, and up to 29 percent in total tire wear cost, when retreading an Ecopia casing with Bandag FuelTech.
“We’ve created a total solution for our customers that didn’t shortchange fuel economy for tread wear or durability,” said Scott Damon, vice president, marketing for Bridgestone Commercial Solutions. “To do that, we added smarter designs and new technology in our Ecopia products, and implemented technologies that extend the life of an Ecopia casing for our Bandag FuelTech products. These changes mean greater fuel savings for our customers that can contribute to a lower cost of ownership over the life of the tires.”
The following technologies offer significant benefits that make Ecopia and FuelTech a total tire solution:
- Within the tire tread, Bridgestone’s patented NanoPro-Tech polymer technology, available in all new Ecopia tires, helps control particle movement, which reduces energy loss. That translates into improved fuel economy through lower rolling resistance.
- Proprietary Fuel Saver Sidewall compound reduces heat generation, which lowers rolling resistance and improves fuel economy.
- Bridgestone’s new IntelliShape sidewall, found in the M710 Ecopia drive radial and R197 Ecopia trailer tire, contain less bead filler volume, which lowers tire weight, improving fuel economy and conserving natural resources.
- A new Defense Side Groove feature has been incorporated into the R283 Ecopia steer tire, which creates uniform pressure along the footprint at the shoulder and helps extend tread life.
- A High Rigidity Tread Pattern was added to all Ecopia and FuelTech designs to extend wear.
- The patented Waved Belt design in our Greatec Ecopia tires improves durability, contributing to a more retreadable casing, especially when paired with a Bandag FuelTech product. The use of patented Turn-In-Ply technology enhances durability and retreadability over the life of the casing.
Bridgestone Commercial Solutions, www.bridgestoneamericas.com