World of Asphalt and AGG1 2015’s in-depth education programming will provide industry professionals with practical, “real-world” knowledge they can use in their business operations and on the jobsite, according to the show organizers.
The industry-focused education complements the shows’ exhibits of the newest equipment, products and technologies for the aggregates, asphalt, pavement maintenance and traffic safety sectors.
The co-located AGG1 Aggregates Academy & Expo and World of Asphalt Show & Conference will be held March 17-19, 2015, at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore. One registration fee includes admission to both shows. Deadline to receive advance discounts is January 23.
Nearly 30 industry-related associations and groups are official supporting organizations of World of Asphalt and/or AGG1, with representation from state, national, provincial and international groups.
Attendees can take advantage of more than 100 expert-led education sessions on a wider variety of topics than ever before. For maximum flexibility, the signature People, Plants and Paving Training Program and AGG1 Academy offer several ticket options, with no pre-selection of specific sessions required.
The People, Plants and Paving Training Program, from National Asphalt Pavement Association (NAPA), covers five program tracks: people, plants, paving, safety and pavement preservation. Designed for paving contractors of all sizes, the program tackles the latest industry innovations in safety, recycling, maintenance and plant production. Sessions also cover management and leadership skills crucial for successful business operations.
The AGG1 Academy, from the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA), is the one place to go to learn about virtually every aspect of the aggregates industry. Five topic tracks are offered: operations & production; environment, safety & health; business management; leadership; and automation, technology & software. Sessions range from 101-level classes to higher-level sessions.
The ARTBA Work Zone Safety Conference, organized by the American Road and Transportation Builders Association, is focused on ensuring safer work zones and preventing run-overs, backovers and vehicular intrusions.
Additional learning options attendees can take advantage of being held in conjunction with the shows include:
- ACRI Workshop: NSSGA’s Alternative Case Resolution Initiative (ACRI) Workshop can help operators successfully fight MSHA citations and civil penalties.
- Basic Supervisory Training: This program from NSSGA helps aggregate plant managers, plant supervisors and management personnel build the skills necessary to excel as supervisors.
- Beyond Compliance: Achieving EH&S Excellence: From NAPA, this conference is tailored exclusively to issues of environment, health and safety (EH&S) at asphalt plants and paving sites.
- Noise & Dust Workshop: This workshop provides a unique opportunity to learn how to conduct noise and dust exposure monitoring, record and interpret results, and develop plans to reduce exposures below MSHA permissible limits.
- Strategic Sales Training: This new program from NSSGA helps aggregates sales people develop essential selling skills through a combination of discussions, hands-on exercises and role playing.
- Plus, Quarry Tour: The Bluegrass Materials’ Texas Quarry, in Cockeysville, Md., has been in operation for more than 150 years. This facility provided some of the building blocks for the Washington Monument.
The shows are industry-owned and operated to ensure they meet industry needs. AGG1 is owned by NSSGA. World of Asphalt is owned by NAPA, NSSGA and Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM). AEM produces both shows. For more information on attending or exhibiting, visit www.worldofasphalt.com or www.agg1.org.