The California Construction & Industrial Materials Association (CalCIMA) announced the recipients of its 2014 safety and member recognition awards.
“These awards honor companies, plants, and individuals for initiatives to make the workplace safer and improve the industry,” said Gary Hambly, president and CEO of CalCIMA. “The safety awards recognize both the combined efforts of workers and management as well as the outstanding contributions of individuals.”
“The member recognition awards celebrate achievements to advance CalCIMA’s legislative, association, and education goals,” said Hambly.
These are the 2014 CalCIMA award winners:
Outstanding Safety Leadership Awards – individuals.
- Paulo Machado, batchman – CEMEX’s Modesto Ready Mix Plant.
- Gary Andrade, plant operator and mechanic – Graniterock’s Southside Sand and Gravel.
Excellence in Safety Awards – mines and plants
- Small Aggregate, Graniterock’s Southside Sand and Gravel.
- Large Aggregate, Lehigh Hanson’s Clayton Quarry.
- Industrial Minerals, Lhoist’s Natividad plant.
- Cement, Lehigh Southwest Cement’s Tehachapi Plant.
- Concrete, CalPortland’s Live Oak Ready Mix Plant and Lehigh Hanson’s Slaughterhouse Canyon RMC Batch Plant.
Member Recognition Awards
- Tom Powell – CEMEX
Leadership as CalCIMA Chair.
Spirit of the Industry Award
- Mike Donovan – Central Concrete Supply Co. Inc.
- Don Vivant – Sully-Miller/United Rock Products.
Leadership on returned plastic concrete specification.
Benjamin J. Licari Award
- John Hecht – Sespe Consulting Inc.
Leadership with Associate Members activities.
Associate Member Award
- Bill Campbell – Applied Industrial Technologies.
Leadership in organizing operations topics at conferences.
Special Recognition Award:
- Conestoga-Rovers & Associates Inc.
- Golder Associates Inc.
- Haley & Aldrich Inc.
- Hunton & Williams LLP.
- Katharine E. Wagner, Attorney.
- Sespe Consulting,Inc.
- Stoel Rives LLP.
Leadership in storm water training.
The 2014 safety and member recognition awards were presented at the 2014 CalCIMA Education Conference in San Diego.