MINExpo 2012 begins next week in Las Vegas. Visitors to MINExpo 2012 often have a number of questions about the event and the facility. More than 1,800 exhibitors in 12 exhibit halls will display the latest technology, equipment, components, parts and services for exploration, extraction, safety, environmental remediation and preparation and processing of metallic ores, coal, industrial minerals and aggregates. With more than 850,000 sq. ft. of indoor and outdoor exhibit space, this show is a “can’t miss” opportunity that comes along only once every four years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC)?
3150 Paradise Rd
Las Vegas, NV 89159
- What are the exhibit hours?
- When do I receive my badge?
Badges and event tickets are no longer being mailed at this time. They can only be picked up at the following MINExpo registration areas:
- Express Registration Counters in North and South Hall registration areas at the LVCC.
- Caesars Palace, Palace 1 Ballroom, Emperor Level.
- Las Vegas Hotel, Ballroom Registration Desk, Ground Floor.
If you did not receive or forgot your badge, please bring your bar-coded registration confirmation letter in paper format or bring it up on your smartphone and proceed to an Express Registration Counter, in the registration areas.
- Are children allowed at MINExpo?
No child under 17 years of age will be permitted on the Show Floor regardless of affiliation or circumstances. School-sponsored groups that have the prior consent of NMA are excluded.
- How do I find out who is exhibiting?
To learn about the more than 1,800 exhibitors, please visit the online MINExpo Exhibitor Directory. You can search by company, products, and a key-word search. On-site, pick up a copy of the Official MINExpo 2012 Directory in the registration areas or badge pick-up areas outside of the Central and South Buildings.
- Does the registration fee include the education sessions?
Yes, it includes entrance to all of the exhibit halls, the Opening Session and all conference sessions.
- How can I get between the exhibit halls?
A shuttle bus will run between the Las Vegas Hotel and the North, Central and South buildings. The loop will run every 10 minutes.
- How do I get to the LVCC? There is a complimentary shuttle between the LVCC and all official MINExpo hotels beginning on Sunday, Sept. 23 at 12 p.m. The shuttles will run every 10-15 minutes during the show.
- Does the monorail stop at the LVCC?
The monorail does stop at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
- Is there parking at the LVCC?
Daily parking is available in the Gold Lot at a charge of $10 per day. The lot does permit you to leave and re-enter without paying an additional fee. Overnight parking is not permitted.
- Can I get to the Airport from the LVCC?
A shuttle service to McCarran Airport will be available every 30 minutes on Tuesday, Sept. 25 and Wednesday, Sept. 26 departing from the LVCC. There will be a $10 (cash) charge payable at the LVCC.
- Can I check my bags at the LVCC?
Coat and bag check is available at the FedEx Kinko's location in the Grand Lobby of the Las Vegas Convention Center as well as two satellite locations: at the front of South Hall 1(next to Starbucks) and the South Hall 2 lobby. The cost is $3 per item, per day but items may not be left overnight. Coat/bag check will be open one hour prior to show opening and one hour after show closing.
- How do I rent a scooter/wheelchair?
Non-motorized and motorized wheel chairs are available, for a fee, to attendees during show days on a first-come, first-served basis by contacting Scootaround at 888-441-7575.
- Will there by Wi-Fi access at the LVCC?
Free wireless internet service is provided as a convenience to attendees, in the lobby areas of the Las Vegas Convention Center, who wish to perform light web browsing and basic email activities. To upgrade the connection in the lobbies or the meeting rooms, select the appropriate SSID on your computer and purchase using a credit card. The fee is $12.95 per computer, per day in the lobby areas and $99.95 per computer, per day in the exhibit halls and meeting rooms.
- Are there recharging stations at the LVCC?
Recharging stations are located in the Grand Concourse, past the restaurants and in the South Building outside of the S219 meeting room.
For more information, go to www.minexpo.com.