Robert G. Jones, executive director of the Indiana Minerals Aggregates Association (IMAA), Carmel, Ind., was named NSSGA’s 2011 State Aggregates Association Executive of the Year. Each year, NSSGA recognizes one of its state counterparts for exemplary partnership service to the aggregates industry. The award acknowledges the significant beneficial input of the state association’s work and leadership as an ally at the national level.
The award is scheduled to be presented at NSSGA’s 2012 Annual Convention Honor Awards ceremony in Charlotte, N.C., on March 12.
“The Indiana Minerals Aggregates Association is a strong partner of NSSGA. We have been impressed by Robert’s advocacy of transportation reauthorization through IMAA’s fly-ins and personal visits to members of Congress, as well as encouraging the participation of so many IMAA members,” said NSSGA President and CEO Joy Wilson in making the announcement. “We value all he is doing in the state of Indiana, as well as nationally, by contributing meaningful insights from Indiana’s aggregates producers to the development of industry positions on federal policy. This recognition is NSSGA’s way of displaying how highly we respect the work of our state counterparts, and of reaffirming that we can achieve much more for the aggregates industry and the American public by working together than by working alone.”
Some examples of Jones’s leadership include:
- Representing IMAA’s interests at such national events as NSSGA’s Annual Convention, meetings of the NSSGA Board and meetings for state association chief executives.
- Supporting and promotes NSSGA’s AGG1 Forum and Expo since its launch in 2009.
- Contributing regularly and effectively in NSSGA’s state executive and Government Affairs conference calls.
- Promoting and recruiting members for NSSGA’s Anti-Trust Webinars.
- Promoting NSSGA’s safety initiatives with MSHA.
- Routinely bringing IMAA members to visit the Smithsonian Museum’s Rocks Gallery, established by NSSGA and its members to promote knowledge of, and public interest in, the aggregates and pulverized mineral industries.
IMAA Board of Directors’ President Tom Nugent, president of Nugent Sand Co., added, “We are honored by NSSGA’s national recognition of Robert for his many contributions to the aggregates industry. We are indeed proud of his tireless efforts in advocating for the aggregates industry in the state of Indiana that not only serve the members of IMAA, but the industry as a whole.”
Jones has led IMAA since September 2002.