MDU Resources Group Inc. announced that William E. Schneider was named to the new position of executive vice president of Bakken development. Schneider will coordinate business development and marketing activities of all MDU Resources companies in the Bakken area. He will report directly to Terry D. Hildestad, president and chief executive officer of MDU Resources.
"The Bakken area is undergoing unbelievably fast development. We can help the counties and cities in the Bakken area meet their infrastructure needs," Hildestad said. "By coordinating the business activities and marketing strategies of all our operations in the area through one position, we can better leverage our capabilities in meeting those needs. I'm pleased that Bill has agreed to lead this effort. He is a proven senior executive who can help us maximize our market opportunities," Hildestad said.
Schneider has been president and chief executive officer of Knife River Corp., MDU Resources' construction materials and contracting business, since 2005. He joined MDU Resources in 1993 as part of the company's acquisition of Anchorage Sand & Gravel, and subsequently held several senior-level positions at Knife River.
MDU Resources companies involved in the Bakken area include:
- Bitter Creek Energy Services, providing gathering pipeline services; producer services such as water hauling; facilities management; and engineering, design and construction of energy field assets.
- Fidelity Exploration & Production Co., exploring for and producing oil and natural gas.
- Hamlin Electric Co., providing electrical wiring and power line construction services.
- Knife River Corp., providing ready-mix concrete, asphalt paving, aggregates and earthwork services.
- Montana-Dakota Utilities Co., providing electric and natural gas service.
- Sun Valley Electric Supply Co., providing electrical materials.
- Total Corrosion Solutions, providing cathodic protection, facility inspections, leak detection, air/hydro excavation and solar power installations.
- Williston Basin Interstate Pipeline Co., providing natural gas transmission and distribution interstate pipeline services.