ARI News Feed
- Cement-makers want green status for power generated through waste-heat recovery
- Holcim earns P1.43 billion in first quarter
- National cement sales grow 8.6 percent during January-April
- Sandvik Asia eyes Indian mining, construction equipment market
- Lafarge raises €200M to accelerate its development in India
|Monday, 09 January 2012 12:30|
Rockwell Automation has extended the power range of its PowerFlex 755 AC drives to 1,350 hp (900 kW) and added 600/690 V ratings. The new drives, well-suited for a variety of heavy industrial applications, provide users with increased application flexibility, advanced diagnostics and a common DC bus option.
The common DC bus option allows users to connect the PowerFlex 755 AC drive to a common DC-bus configuration, which takes advantage of different drive cycles to share energy. In this configuration, a DC bus acts as a common energy source that feeds energy from a generating load to a motoring load. Managing energy from a shared source increases overall system performance and reduces losses – ultimately improving the application’s energy efficiency. In addition to the extended power range, a firmware upgrade for all PowerFlex 755 drives will contain features and benefits such as an interior permanent magnet motor control and a “Stop Dwell” feature.
Rockwell Automation Inc., www.rockwellautomation.com