Powerscreen Open House Highlights Equipment
- Published: Monday, 28 October 2013 16:53
- Written by Rock Products News
Customers and distributors from more than 21 countries attended the 2013 Powerscreen Open Day held Oct. 3-4 at Arden Brickworks near Birmingham, UK. The event saw Powerscreen unveil three new machines – the Premiertrak 300 jaw crusher, the Trakpactor 320SR impact crusher and the Warrior 2100 screen as well as showcase some well-established products.
International Sales Director, Colin Clements, said, “The Open Day was an outstanding success and feedback from distributors and customers has been fantastic. Economic conditions globally may be challenging, but Powerscreen is committed to enhancing the experience of all our customers, to reinforce our position as the world’s leader in mobile crushing and screening equipment for our key sectors and to continue to innovate as we have in the past.”
Four machines were working in recycling applications, processing tarmac, concrete, brick and mixed demolition waste.
- Premiertrak 300 HA Hydrostatic VGF jaw crusher. The Premiertrak 300 jaw crusher featured the new optional hydrostatic drive system allowing it to reverse and unblock or run continuously in reverse for asphalt applications. It is configured to run at low engine RPM resulting in excellent fuel efficiency and low noise emissions, ideal for urban sites. The Premiertrak 300 crusher was configured with the Vibrating Grizzly Feeder (VGF) set with 50-mm bofor bar on the top deck and 30-mm mesh on the bottom. The closed side setting (CSS) was set to 40 mm while running in both asphalt and recycled concrete applications.
- The Premiertrak 400 Pre-Screen jaw crusher has been developed to incorporate a fully independent high amplitude, hydraulically driven pre-screen with increased drop angle on the bottom deck improving machine throughput and overall capacity. In order to facilitate improved pre-screened material flow, the discharge opening from the under chute has been increased from 200 mm to 320 mm, allowing faster movement of pre-screened material to bypass the crushing chamber.
- The Trakpactor 320SR is a mid-sized horizontal impact crusher redesigned with some key enhancements to offer operators and contractors excellent reduction and high consistency of product shape for performance in quarry and recycling applications. The plant is capable of working in the most demanding environments and features rapid set-up time, fuel efficient direct drive system and excellent output potential of up to 320 tph (352 U.S. tph). The plant features a recirculating conveyor which raises for transport allowing more ground clearance under the machine when moving on site and loading for transport. One of the most exciting features of the Trakpactor 320SR crusher is the quick-detach post-screen section which converts it to a standard Trakpactor 320 unit. This provides operators with outstanding versatility to use the machine in a variety of different applications.
- The Warrior 2100 screen has been engineered to include the proven Triple Shaft technology first developed for the successful Warrior 2400, a model which is now well established in markets worldwide. This Triple Shaft technology, unique to Powerscreen in heavy-duty mobile screens.