Case Launches New Equipment at Public Works Show
- Published: Monday, 26 August 2013 16:39
- Written by Rock Products News
CASE Construction Equipment introduced new equipment and technologies for public works professionals at the 2013 International Public Works Congress & Exposition, held Aug. 25-28 at McCormick Place in Chicago, including:
- The CASE 621F wheel loader. The 621F provides up to a 10-percent increase in fuel economy over the previous model, while delivering faster acceleration, quicker cycle times and higher travel speeds. CASE relies on selective catalytic reduction (SCR) technology to meet Tier 4 Interim emissions standards. SCR results in lower temperatures in the exhaust system while optimizing combustion with no downtime or extreme temperature spikes attributed to regeneration.
- The CASE 865B AWD motor grader. The 865B with all-wheel drive increases efficiency in wet and muddy conditions, and improves tractive performance, steering and side draft control in difficult conditions. The A-frame drawbar and high-strength circle provides optimal stability. The moldboard is made of high-carbon steel for longer life, and its involute multi-radius design cuts, mixes and rolls material off the moldboard effortlessly.
- The CASE 580 Super N Wide Track backhoe loader. The 580 Super N Wide Track features a 3.4-liter, turbocharged 95- hp engine outfitted with cooled exhaust gas recirculation (CEGR) emissions control technology. The Tier 4 Interim engine burns cleaner while delivering superior horsepower, faster response and up to 5 percent better fuel efficiency under load. Other features include automatic Ride Control on four-wheel drive models that engages at roading speeds to help reduce bucket spillage; and remote hydraulic test ports that allow easy ground level access for service diagnosis to keep the machine up and running, and reducing the expense associated with downtime.
CASE also featured its SiteWatch telematics, remote-monitoring and data-reporting program that provides customers with actionable information to help manage their fleets and optimize machine performance. This includes data related to performance metrics, idle-time analytics, scheduled maintenance intervals, machine health reporting and programmable security alerts.