Making some Illi-noise
- Published: Thursday, 13 January 2011 12:34
- Written by Mark Kuhar
• Communicate with new members of Congress to educate them on TFIC and the importance of infrastructure investment.
• Ensure that Illinois’ donor state status with regard to federal user fees and transportation funding doesn’t worsen in the next federal highway bill.
• Work with our delegation and other leaders in Congress to maintain the user fee and contract authority funding principles for transportation.
• Organize and carry out a successful TFIC fly-in in May including meetings with each member of the Illinois delegation as well as additional, more limited fly-ins for TFIC leadership.
• Schedule outreach meetings with new members of the delegation during district work periods.
• Monitor reauthorization proposals and respond as necessary to provisions that would help or hurt Illinois.
These are noble goals, and I hope every state is cooking up more of the same.