Acceptable Use Policy
- Published: Tuesday, 02 November 2010 14:52
This AUP is a guideline and is not an all-inclusive listing of prohibited conduct. Mining Media reserves the right, in its discretion, to change or modify all or any part of this AUP at any time, effective immediately upon publication of this AUP.
A third party posting may not contain or be linked to any Objectionable Content. Objectionable Content means any content that:
1. infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party;
2. violates any obligation of confidentiality;
3. violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party;
4. is hateful or obscene;
5. is being used to harass, stalk or otherwise threaten a person;
6. is libelous, defamatory, knowingly false or misrepresents another person; or
7. is threatening, promotes violence, promotes discrimination (whether based on sex,
religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability or age), promotes illegal
activities or otherwise contains materials that Penton informs the user that it considers objectionable.
Mining Media, in its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes "Objectionable Content" under this AUP.
When posting or uploading (to, by way of example but not limitation, a blog, forum, forum profile, registration page, survey, or video uploading), a user must also:
1. Continue the general topic that is the focus of the blog;
2. Ensure that all postings made by the user are original materials
created by the user, unless proper attribution is given to a third party;
3. Not post any advertising or promotional content for themselves or any third party;
4. Not accept any compensation from a third party for placing any content in a posting;
5. Disclose all affiliations or relations necessary so that postings are not deceptive
or misleading (i.e., if you are commenting upon a company and work for that company,
then this should be disclosed);
6. Not knowingly link to any downloadable applications or other content which may be
harmful to another user\'92s computer;
7. Ensure that all opinions and statements are representative of the users honest views; and
9. Not offer legal, financial or medical advice.