Mucon has developed a slide gate valve for frac sand handling. The RGV-DC Roller Gate Valve is designed to:
Isolate the discharge flow of sand on the outlet of various storage vessels, such as silos, hoppers, rail cars and mobile bins.
- Provide the ability to regulate the discharge rate of sand.
- Provide infinite variable control for the discharge of sand.
- Select construction materials and coatings to provide the best wear and weather resistance.
- Easily replace worn parts.
- Maintain the valve while in position.
The RGV-DC Roller Gate Valve has the following features and benefits:
- A Diamond Notched Slide Blade to provide a regulated flow of sand
- A heavy duty electric actuator to provide infinite variable positioning of the slide blade, allowing improved control of the discharge flow of sand.
- Contact parts such as the slide blade and inlet baffle are constructed in “Hardox” abrasion resistant material to maximize service life.
- The contact parts are designed to be easily replaceable.
- Roller bearings are protected from material flow
- Superior design self-loading seals are built-in to minimize product leakage to the valve body.
- The maintenance and replacement of many internal operating components is achieved without having to take the valve “offline” from its operating position.
Specifically designed to meet the needs and demands of frac sand applications, the Mucon RGV-DC Valve is available in an extensive size range and customizable options, including:
- Size range – 6-in. (150 mm) to 24-in. (600 mm).
- Special custom sizes up to 55-in.
- Electric, pneumatic and hand wheel actuation.
- Variety of materials for valve construction.