The focused, informative event is tailored to both experienced operators and companies just entering the industry. The event offers manufacturers and consultants an opportunity to meet directly with decision-makers from frac sand producers throughout North America.
This year’s keynote address will be presented by Greg Kozera, president of the Virginia Oil and Gas Association, and author of the book “Just the Fracks Ma'am.” A professional engineer with a master’s in Environmental Engineering and an environmentalist with more than 35 years of experience in the natural gas and oil industry, Kozera understands the fracturing process and how important it is to our children, our grandchildren and the security of our nation.
Kozera's address will be entitled, "Debunking the Myths of Hydraulic Fracturing and Why We Have an Exciting Energy Future." He will share the misconceptions Americans have about energy, "fracking" and the natural gas and oil industry learned on his recent national coast-to-coast radio tour for his new book. Americans' energy misconceptions can have a direct negative impact on our business and our country. He will share ways we can fight back and take control of our future, which he sees as "very bright for the natural gas and oil industry," and by association, the frac sand industry.
Education sessions include:
- “Frac Sand: View from the Stock Market” by Brandon Dobell, Equity Research, William Blair.
- “Frac Sand Drying” by Jeff Morris, vice president, Heyl & Patterson Inc.
- “Minimizing Exposure to Crystalline Silica from the Mine to the Well Site” by Matthew Navea, corporate director EHS - Preferred Sands.
- “Solids Sampling Problems, Causes and Solutions” by Glenn Sprenger, president, GRSEI.
- “Summary Report on Frac Sand in the United States” by Mary Ellen Benson, research geologist, U.S. Geological Survey.
- “Where in the United States is the Naturally Occurring Frac Sand?” by Anna B. Wilson, U.S. Geological Survey Central Mineral and Environmental Resources.
- “Transportation Panel” (Barge, Rail and Truck).
- "Railroad 101 - Managing Rail Assets and Costs" by Richard E Flynn, president, NorthEast Logistics Systems LLC.
Equipment & Technology Panel:
- “Getting More Out of Your Cyclone” by Alan Bennetts, process application manager, Weir Minerals.
- “Fundamentals of Conveyor Systems and Belts” by Laura Hoggan, sales manager, Rubber & Plastics Inc.
- “Derrick Polyweb Urethane Screen Surfaces – The Anti-Blinding Solution for Wet & Dry Frac Sand Sizing Applications” by Paul Brodzik, P. E.; product application manager, Derrick Corp. and Glenn Geles, product application manager, Derrick Corp.
- “Underground Sand? Yes, You Can!” by Dennis Dunham, PE, hardrock technical engineer, DSI Underground.
- “Easily Improve the Quality & ROI of Proppants with Better Size & Shape Measurement” by Ian Treviranus, product line manager, HORIBA Instruments, Inc.
For more information, and to register for the show, go to www.fracsandinsider.com.