Athabasca Minerals Inc. reported that the company completed aggregate production at its Cowper corporate-owned aggregate operation, its fourth corporate-owned pit and first under agreement with DeneCo Aggregates Ltd., a First Nations company. Reclamation efforts are underway.
The company also reported increased aggregate inventory by a cost exceeding $2.1 million including 113,000 tons at its Cowper pit with an inventoried cost of transportation on 86,000 tons (76 percent) of aggregates stockpiled.
The company also:
- Completed drilling at the corporation's Richardson Granite - Dolomite aggregate project.
- Submitted a Conservation and Reclamation Business Plan (CRBP) to the Alberta Environmental and Sustainable Resources Development (ESRD) for the corporation's Firebag silica sand project.
- Furthered communication with the Alberta Government with respect to the CRBP plan and approval of Firebag silica sand project.
- Completed the preliminary design on a private rail switch in Lynton, Alberta, to facilitate transportation of frac sand from Firebag silica sand project.
- Appointed Scott MacDougall, P.Eng, to the role of vice president, operations.
- Appointed Heather Budney, P. Geol., to the role of chief geologist.