The harsh demands of the quarry and aggregate industry can cause serious damage to conveyor systems. To prevent abusive material and conditions from hindering the productivity of quarry operations, ASGCO has developed Quarry Duty Impact Beds. Featuring robust powder-coated steel supports and impact-absorbing rails, the Quarry Duty Impact Bed will withstand the most extreme abuse and keep operations moving.
Available in several configurations, ASGCO’s Quarry Duty Impact Beds will also reduce spillage and control dust in the load zone by dampening impact. The efficient design can be easily and safely installed in virtually any load zone. Ideal for aggregate quarries, cement, wood processing, recycling and mineral (phosphate, potash, salt, frac sand) mining.
Key Benefits include:
- Protects the conveyor belt – The sturdy design for aggregate and quarry operations is able to take the impact of falling materials while maintaining an effective seal of the skirtboards.
- Efficient and safe – Easy to install and service.
- Affordable options – Available is both Light Duty (up to 250 ft./lb.) and standard duty (between 250 - 750 ft./lb.) in either 4- or 5-ft. long beds.
Product specifications and guidelines include:
- Maximum belt speed – 800 fpm (4 m/sec.)
- Max temperature rating – -40 F to 180 F (-40 C to 82 C).
- Impact bar material – UMHW polyurethane, rubber cushion and aluminum extrusion.
- Available for belt widths – 24- to 48-in. (600 - 1200 mm)
- Impact energy – max lump weight (lb.) x drop height (ft.) up to 250 lb.-ft. for QDLD and 250 to 750 lb.-ft. for QDSD.