Quarry Shooting Suspect Killed by Police
- Written by Mark Kuhar
October 6, 2011 – Here is the latest update on the quarry shooting that happened yesterday at Lehigh Hanson's Permanente Cement Plant and quarry in Cupertino, Calif. Police say they have shot and killed Shareef Allman, the man suspected of the shooting rampage that left three dead and seven injured. The Santa Clara County sheriff's office said multiple shots had been fired and the suspect was killed shortly after they resumed the manhunt for him earlier today. The sheriff's office said the suspect was killed near the 900 block of Lorne Way in Santa Clara, Calif. Three people died, and seven more were treated for gunshot wounds at hospitals in the attack. According to local media, Allman, a 47-year-old heavy equipment operator, had been in a safety meeting with more than a dozen co-workers when, police say, he pulled a gun from his waistband and began shooting. One of the survivors of the shooting told the Mercury News that Allman was under pressure at work after repeated accusations of driving recklessly at the quarry. Look for more details on this story in the coming days.